If you haven’t been noticing my little hints lately, I’m so excited to announce that…
I’m moving to Honduras!!
As most of you know, I have been looking to move from Nicaragua to a new mission/organization to follow the dreams the Lord has put on my heart about caring for His little babes.
I appreciate the great information and contacts I’ve received from all of you, helping me along and telling me about different places you know about.
While I was praying about and checking into every one of these resources, a really fantastic girl named Katlyn contacted me after reading my blog with some really exciting information about her organization she started in the town of El Porvenir, La Ceiba, Honduras! I met Katlyn when she was traveling around Nicaragua and came to New Song to check out places where she wanted to be long-term.
She sent me a message talking about the things she’s doing in the community and about the Women and Children Center she’s working on starting…and it was so clear that this is where I was supposed to be.
We have really similar passions and hearts for Women, Children, and Community. I love that I’ve found someone who really shares my love for being part of the community wherever you live – taking on their triumphs, struggles, victories, and heartache as your own.
Here’s some info from her website, Finding Hope, which I would really encourage you to check out!
“Finding hope is about giving a deserving community a chance to thrive, connecting with local families and loving children. It is about a passion to serve and give back.”
Katlyn started a Womens Beading program to help some of the local women earn some income for their families:
“Unemployment, unfortunately, affects many families in El Porvenir. Finding Hope is working to address this issue. Currently located in two neighborhoods, we run a beading program aimed at empowering and encouraging women to provide incomes for their families.
Most of the women in this program are unemployed, many raising several kids on their own. Through our bead work program, these women are able to use resources readily available and turn them into beautiful pieces of work. By using recycled old magazines, they are able to make beautiful beads and bracelets. This becomes much more than a simple piece of paper. They are now able to buy food, medicine, school supplies and more necessities for their family.
One hundred percent of the profits of each product sold goes directly to the woman who made the bracelet. We invite you to please join us in our mission by purchasing a bracelet and help us in eradicating poverty.”
The city has donated land to Katlyn and she has been able to build the foundation of the Center so far from donations that have been generously given to her organization.
I’m excited to be a part of helping build this place from (literally) the ground up!
Currently, my plans are:
- Make a month-long trip to Nicaragua to say my goodbyes and tie up loose ends from the middle of February to the middle of March.
- Come back to the States and fund-raise the monthly support to live and work in Honduras.
- Hopefully move down there before the summer starts (May/June-ish).
What YOU can do to help!
- Money’s going to be really tight to make the trip to Nicaragua, but it really needs to be made, especially because I left most of my belongings there and I need to transport them back.
If you would be able to financially contribute to this trip, I would really appreciate it!
(Donation information is always at the bottom of my blogs or on the side of my blog as well)
- Pray for this transition and all the changes that I will be making!
- Have me come speak (or sing!) at your event, small group, church, youth group, club, etc. about my mission and where I’m going next. Consider sponsoring me as a group and getting signed up for my blog/e-mail updates!
- Prayerfully consider becoming a monthly supporter of my work down in Honduras.
I am planning on being there indefinitely, until the Lord has me leave.
Your financial support is crucial to me being able to afford the (LOW) cost of living in Honduras to be able to work on ministry with these beautiful women and children.
Thank you forever and always for your super encouraging emotional/spiritual/financial support!
I am indebted to each and every one of you who has sent me an e-mail of sweet words, come out to any of my events, read and shared this blog, donated whatever you could…
You all are seriously fantastic.
PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have about absolutely anything! I will do my best to answer!
“Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Luke 1:45 NIV
Thank you for your continued support of the journey God’s put me on! If you would like to see pictures, feel free to add me on FaceBook. They upload faster on there. If you feel led to make a donation, there are a few ways you can go about that:
1. Write a check and send to Life Church. Make check out to Life Church, put Haille Krieg in the memo line, and send to 7001 Haggerty Rd, Canton MI 48187
2. Send money electronically through Life Church’s PayPal account. You can find that here: http://www.lifechurchcanton.org/#/about-life/financial-contributions. Make sure you specify that it’s for Haille Krieg.
3. Set up an Elexio account to have an amount taken out of your bank account each month. Log into Elexio Pulse https://lifechurch.elexiopulse.com and click on the “My Giving” link to the far right, you’ll see not only your history in giving, you’ll see a large link in the upper left that says “click here to Give Online”. If you don’t have an Elexio account you will go to the above link and click on “need an account?” and follow the prompts.
All donations are tax deductible, which is one of the reasons for me going through my church. Life Church does send out donation statements for your tax purposes