Happy New Year to you all!
Here is a little update of my holidays and a good portion of December:
Christmas in Nicaragua was beautiful. My day was spent at a waterfall in the mountains of Matagalpa, listening to what the Lord was telling me about His plans for me here in Candelaria. This time of being in Nicaragua is the greatest gift God has blessed me with this year. I didn’t open a single present, but I felt complete. I have more than I could ever deserve and know what to do with. I can’t even think of anything materially that I want. This experience is more than enough to give me joy and fill my heart completely.
We were talking as a mission about how it didn’t feel like Christmas. What it didn’t feel like though, was Christmas in the United States. There were close to no decorations, no trees, no Santa, no Christmas music, no one rushing around buying gifts, no commercials blaring in your face about the latest toy or gadget. It was peaceful. We looked at a picture of a manger and thought how that looked more like Nicaragua than anything in the States. As cheesy as it sounds, being here made me become a million times more grateful and in need of the gift of the Savior. This year, I didn’t want anything except the grace and mercy of the God to work in my life, in my village’s lives, in the ministry of New Song. I needed the gift of a Savior much more than the gratification of getting new material things.
Coming back to everyday life, I have some prayer requests for some things that have been going on lately:
· Personally, I have had one of the toughest weeks of my time here. There’s this thing here where if someone is mad at you, they stop talking to you. Just stop. And you can’t figure out what’s wrong unless you allow yourself to be manipulated by playing their games. Some of my best friends had that whole thing going on with me this past week. It hurt my heart…a lot. But it also made me take a good look at who I came to Nicaragua to please – people or God? All the situations gave me a chance to grow and move on from caring SO MUCH about the opinions of people. So I just need prayer for God to continue healing me from this humanly want to please everyone.
· My different ministries are going pretty well. English classes are going great, I’m getting to know the kids better and learning a lot more Spanish to be able to talk with them and help out with their questions. My friend Jovanny, who teaches the classes, has recently decided to try and find a sponsor to try going to University. I am so excited for him and can’t wait to support him in whatever ways I can. At the moment, we are just praying that a sponsor would be able to take him on pretty quickly, as classes start in February.
With worship, Brandon and I are experiencing some struggles and discouragement with the way things are going right now. After talking with Tommy, who is charge of the mission, we’ve decided to completely re-do the entire structure. Our new plan is for the two of us to actually lead worship in church on Sunday nights and be discipling the youth that are wanting to take that place eventually. Please be praying for this new program, that things would work out and we would have the chance to raise up new worship leaders from the congregation.
· Lastly, we are so excited to be welcoming teams from the organization Finish the Wall who are going to finish our Bakery and Restaurant that is well under way with construction. This will be a great way to provide more jobs for the community and a new opportunity for outreach. Please be praying for safe travels for the 4 different teams and that the Lord would bless this project and provide fast and safe work for everyone involved.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support! I am so excited for this next year and the ways God is going to move. I have so much faith in His purpose here in Candelaria!
If you would like to be a part of helping me stay here and work on different ministries and love on the wonderful people, I would appreciate any sort of donation you feel led to give. I am really in need right now of monthly financial support, but one-time gifts are just as useful. Here’s how you can help:
1. Write a check and send to Life Church. Make check out to Life Church, put Haille Krieg in the memo line, and send to 7001 Haggerty Rd, Canton MI 48187
2. Send money electronically through Life Church’s PayPal account. You can find that here: http://www.lifechurchcanton.org/#/about-life/financial-contributions. Make sure you specify that it’s for Haille Krieg.
3. Set up an Elexio account to have an amount taken out of your bank account each month. Log into Elexio Pulse https://lifechurch.elexiopulse.com and click on the “My Giving” link to the far right, you’ll see not only your history in giving, you’ll see a large link in the upper left that says “click here to Give Online”. If you don’t have an Elexio account you will go to the above link and click on “need an account?” and follow the prompts.
All donations are tax deductible, which is one of the reasons for me going through my church. Life Church does send out donation statements for your tax purposes.
I will be praying for all of you dear supporters that God will bless you this year and you will see God’s purpose in every moment of your life.
All my love,